Public Notice of Low-Income Public Housing (LIPH) Pre-Application Event
The Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh (HACP) will be accepting Pre-Applications for Low Income Public Housing (LIPH) communities during a one-day application event scheduled for Friday, Nov. 19, 2021. During this time, HACP will accept applications for the following communities:
- Bedford Dwellings (Hill District) – 2 Bedroom Apartments
- Arlington Heights (Southside) – 2 Bedroom Apartments
- Allegheny Dwellings (Northside) – 2 Bedroom Apartments
- Northview Heights (Northside) – 3 & 4 Bedroom Townhomes
- Caliguiri Plaza (Allentown)*
- Finello High Rise (Oakland)*
- Gualtieri Manor (Beechview)*
- Frank Mazza Pavilion (Brookline)*
- Morse Gardens (Southside)*
- Murray Towers (Squirrel Hill)*
- PA Bidwell High Rise (Northside)*
- Pietragallo High Rise (Carrick)*
- Pressley Street High Rise (Northside)*
(*To qualify for high rises, applicants must be 62 years of age or older or disabled)
HACP’s application event will require interested applicants to schedule an appointment in advance. To schedule an appointment, please call the Occupancy Department at 412-
456-5030 or send us an email with your availability at email@example.com.
Appointments will be held between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 19, 2021, at the HACP’s main office, located at:
200 Ross Street, 1st Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
(Please enter in back of building)
Between the hours of
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
POTENTIAL APPLICATIONS ARE ASKED TO PLEASE BRING COPIES THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS TO THEIR APPOINTMENTS:
- Copies Social Security Card or Proof of Social Security Number (documentation from the social security Administration with social security number) for each person on the application.
- Copies of Birth certificates or proof of age for each person on the application
- Copies of Driver’s license, state ID or a federally issued ID for those eighteen- (18) years of age or older).
- Copies of Photo ID for each person on the application eighteen- (18) years of age and older.
- Proof of all income received by all persons listed on your application:
- Employment – Copies of ALL pay stubs from the past 2 months (SEPTEMBER through NOVEMBER) or a letter signed by a supervisor on company letterhead indicating start date, hourly rate, and number of hours worked per week. Company phone number and name of contact person must be included.
- Social Security – Copies of currently dated printout of monthly benefit for each member of your household receiving benefits. (Date of printout must be no more than 60 days old when you submit for processing).
- *Supplemental Security Income (SSI) – Copies of currently dated printout of monthly benefit for each member of your household receiving the benefit and current verification of SSP benefit ($22.10) from the Department of Public Assistance. (Date of printouts must be no more than 60 days old when you submit for processing).
- DPA –Copies of currently dated printout of cash benefits and/or food stamps (SNAP) from the Department of Public Assistance (Compass Report). (Date of printout must be no more than 60 days old when you submit for processing).
- Veteran Pension and/or Company Pension – currently dated verification on official letterhead indicating the gross monthly benefit of the Veteran Pension and/or the Company Pension.
- *Unemployment Compensation – Copies of financial determination letter and current printout from the unemployment office or website showing benefit payments for the past three- (3) consecutive months.
- Child Support – Copies of currently dated printout of case summary with payment disbursement for the past six- (6) consecutive months from the family division.
- Proof of assets:
- Copies of current bank statements – showing type of account, account balance and rate of interest for the past (6) consecutive months. Prepaid Debit Cards Statements and Copy of card (Such as ReliaCard = PA Unemployment, EPPIcard = PA Child Support, EBT ACCESS card = TANF, Direct Express = SS / SSI, Prepaid Payroll Cards, General Purpose Reloadable Prepaid Cards (GreenDot, NetSpend, Chime, ACE, etc) for the past 3 Months
- Childcare payments – Copies of current proof of payments made by yourself to a provider for any children in your household up to the age of thirteen (13). This statement from the provider must be notarized and state the number of weeks paid annually. Current TCC payments from DPA are acceptable proof of payments.
- Health Insurance – Copies of current verification of payments for health insurance and/or prescription payments for the past year made by anyone on your application sixty-two (62) years of age or older or disabled.
- Copy of Proof of pregnancy – medical verification from your physician with your expected due date.
- * Proof of Veteran Status: Effective September 24, 2015 the HACP instituted a HCV “Veteran Preference” for any active duty United States service member or veteran. Veteran status shall be determined as defined by federal statute at 38 USC 101(2) and 38 CFR 3.1(d). The preference extends to:
- (1) The household of which the service member or veteran is a member.
- (2) The surviving household members of a deceased service member or veteran who died of service-connected causes.
***** Please bring as much of the required documents as you can to the session*****
**We will accept all pre-applications that do not have all required documents but you will
have to submit them at a later date**
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT ALL PERSONS MUST WEAR MASK AT ALL TIMES DURING THE EVENT