House outline blue

Experiencing Challenges with Your Rent? We can help!

Light blue and dark blue graphic that reads "Are you behind on your rent? It's critical to catch up. We can help"


During the COVID-19 pandemic, HACP issued an immediate suspension of all rent-related evictions to ensure the safety and health of our residents. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention also issued a temporary eviction moratorium to prevent the further spread of COVID-19. HACP will resume collection efforts at such time that any applicable eviction moratorium has expired.

Many of our families and neighbors have experienced challenges staying up-to-date on their rent during the COVID-19 Pandemic, and the HACP is committed to ensuring they have the resources and information they need to avoid lease termination for delinquent rent.

If you are currently behind on your rent, you are not alone and the Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh can help you.

How to Get Back on Track

From Affordable Repayment Agreements to the various free resources available, there are a number of ways to help you come current with your rent.

Let Us Know About Changes in Income

If you have experienced a decrease in income, you may be entitled to a reduction in your monthly rent charge. Be sure to let us know about any changes in income you’ve experienced. You can fill out the Income Reduction Form on our website here. Send verification of income to: (for Public Housing) or (for Section 8).

If you are submitting an annual or interim recertification packet, you can schedule an appointment with your management team, submit them by mail, electronically by e-mail, or through the secure drop boxes at each management office.

Set Up an Affordable Repayment Agreement

You may be eligible for a reasonable repayment agreement in accordance with our Repayment Agreement Policy. To get more information and to discuss your situation, either contact your Family Self-Sufficiency Coordinator or your community’s management team. We’ve included contact info for each management team below for your convenience.

CommunitySite ManagerPhone NumberEmail
Allegheny DwellingsTammy Chaffin(412)
Arlington HeightsShawna Williams-Brown(412)
Bedford DwellingsTracy Terry(412)
Caliguiri High RiseJacqueline Thomas(412)
Carrick RegencyShawna Williams-Brown(412)
Finello PavilionAshley Kirkland(412)
Gualtieri High RiseJacqueline Thomas(412)
Homewood NorthAshley Kirkland(412)
ManchesterRebecca Kuchta(412)
Mazza PavilionJacqueline Thomas(412)
Morse GardensShawna Williams-Brown(412)
Murray TowersJacqueline Thomas(412)
Northview HeightsTammy Chaffin(412)
Pennsylvania BidwellBecky Armendariz(412)
Pressley StreetBecky Armendariz(412)
Scattered SitesRebecca Kuchta(412)

Take Advantage of Resources and Services

There are many resources and services out there to help you pay your rent and stay in your home.

  • Allegheny County is now accepting applications for the Allegheny County Emergency Rental Assistance Program. The flyers below walk you through the application process, as well as show where drop-in application centers are across the city. You can find more information, additional resources, and apply on their COVID Rent Relief page. If you are unable to access the internet or need assistance with completing the application, please contact ACTION-Housing at 412-248-0021 or

Step-by-step walk through of applying for Emergency Rental Assistance Program. More info at covidrentrelief.alleghenycounty.usMap of drop-in locations for the Emergency Rental Assistance Program. More info at

  • The Urban Redevelopment Authority’s Housing Stabilization Program provides up to 3 months housing assistance to renters facing a temporary housing crisis who do not make more than 50% of the area median income or homeowners facing a temporary housing crisis who do not make more than 80% of the area median income.
  • Ursuline Support Services operates in all high-rise communities, as well as Bedford Dwellings and Homewood North. They have services to help with rent assistance and eviction prevention. You can reach out to them by calling 412-224-4700 or reaching out to an FSS Coordinator. Read about HACP & Urusline’s collective efforts to curb eviction during the pandemic: AllAboutUS_summer2022_annualreport20-21_draft3 (2)
  • The Urban League of Greater Pittsburgh is accepting applications for its Rental Assistance programs. For more information about the program, eligibility, and the application process you can call 412-227-4164
  • The YWCA of Greater Pittsburgh offers financial assistance programs that include eviction prevention. For a referral, call the United Way at 2-1-1
  • If you need legal assistance, you can call the Neighborhood Legal Services (NLS) at 412-255-6700

For more resources, you can visit our COVID-19 Resource page or explore HARP: the Housing Assistance Resource Portal.

Yellow, dark blue, and light blue graphic with text that reads "Reach out to your property manager, FSS coordinator, or other service provider to start coming current today!"